Thursday, January 13

Someone With Skin

 
A story was recently told to me about a little girl who woke up afraid in the night calling for her father. Her mother ran in and said that he wasn't home, but that Jesus, her heavenly Father, would hold her and protect her. The little girl looked up and looked her mother in the eye and said, "but I want someone with skin"
 
How often have I been that little girl? How much am I that little girl? 
 
God is - and I believe to my core - all I will ever need, but there are moments when I just want someone with skin. 
 
If you've been there too, grace yourself in those times. We're human. We were wired to walk life with and alongside one another. We were designed to comfort and be comforted by others with skin.
 
So, if you have someone to hug... hug them and be so grateful that they are in your life. If you don't, take that longing to the Lord - knowing that He is all you need - knowing that He will meet your needs - knowing that He knows... there is something so comforting in the arms of someone with skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment