Tuesday, January 4

Grace For Reality

So, it's my personality to have heard something 10 billion times and then, on 10 billion and 1, somehow get excited all over again, as though I have never heard it before.

This happened to me today.

I feel like life is going so fast these days - too fast. I feel like I'm moving from event to event, moment to moment, month to month and season to season. I often feel like I'm dog paddling to keep my head above water. When I woke up this morning, the day hit me... do you ever have that feeling?? Everything you have to do immediately hits you like a brick wall - a wall so big, so strong, that you don't even want to move... it's paralyzing. 

I sat in bed with my dog Henry licking my face (that's how I wake up these days, and, as precious as it may be, it is quite a shock to the system) and the laundry list of what the day was requiring of me was all that I could see.

I wanted to quit. I wanted to quit the day before I had even begun living it. This moment might be easier to stomach and push through, if these types of days were rare, but they're not. Life is complicated - life is tricky. Moments where you are needed and are being pulled in twenty directions are not rare - they're the norm.

But we don’t serve a God that majors in “the norm”...

The following entry is from Sarah Young’s, "Jesus Calling":

"Do not let any set of circumstances intimidate you. The more challenging your day, the more of My Power I place at your disposal. You seem to think that I empower you equally each day, but this is not so. Your tendency upon awakening is to assess the difficulties ahead of you, measuring them against your average strength. This is an exercise in unreality.

I know what each of your days will contain, and I empower you accordingly. The degree to which I strengthen you on a given day is based mainly on two variables: the difficulty of your circumstances, and your willingness to depend on Me for help. Try to view challenging days as opportunities to receive more of My Power than usual. Look to Me for all you need, and watch and see what I will do. As your day, so shall be your strength"

That's when I remembered what I've been reminded of many times before.... God gives us grace for REALITY. Anytime we project ourselves mentally into the upcoming day, week, month, year, decade, we visualize ourselves not being able to handle it well, because we visualize it without God. He is with us in the moment that we are in, and He will be with us in that moment too... we must trust Him, we must wait for Him and in the meantime, we must turn over our fears, our worries, and our seemingly impossible to do lists and walk step by step...

When we wait on and walk with the Lord, not only do the things that need to get done, get done, but they get done well. This is the reason that we are able to do things that no one else can imagine being able to do... we do them because God graced us for that moment - He ordained us for that time - and then His grace and strength met us there. And, when He calls others to do the same thing, in their moment, they too will accomplish what they never thought they could.

This is the amazing strength of our God - this is the grace that is undeniably inexplicable - this is the source of the peace that passes understanding.

I love these verses.  Let’s claim them today… tomorrow… and again in five minutes:

"Your strength will equal your days" Deuteronomy 33:25

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,"  Ephesians 1:18-20

"Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always" Psalm 105:4

Hope this touched your heart as much as it touched this ditzy blonde's.  How great is our God?

-Biblically Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment