Friday, February 4

Hanky Panky

 
This weekend, if I can get out of the Northern Tundra that was once called Dallas, Texas, I am heading to a ranch with a bunch of my girlfriends. Honestly, {it's probably the Texas in me} I can not think of two better things to combine than ranches and girlfriends... {and... well... wine}. Both - technically all three - refresh me like nothing aside from God can.
 
And, since Valentine's day is upon us... I thought I would surprise all of my fabulous girlfriends with my next favorite thing - hanky pankys. 
 
I LOVE hanky pankys (if you don't know, don't google it...). Although I remember that I was a freshman in college the first time I discovered them, I can't remember my life before them.
 
So, at the beginning of this week, the thought of giving them as gifts popped into my head, and I thought "perfect" I will pop on over to the mall and grab some!
 
Well... the fact that our city has been turned into an ice skating rink has made popping anywhere completely impossible. Discouraged, I had resigned to the fact that I would show up empty handed UNTIL I remembered that my office building is attached to a hotel which is attached to Stanley Korshak. {I know... you can hate me later, just track with me now.}
 
So... I put on my long gloves, my heavy coat, my water resistant shoes, and I trudged onward to buy my gifts. As I walked into Stanley Korshak, I was greeted by a man. I smile and ask for "women's lingerie"... he smiles back, but states that they don't carry that here - all they have are spanks and hose, and he's sure that is not what I had in mind. Well of course it's not what I had in mind... who gets excited about spanks and hose?? A department store with no lingerie?? No panties?? {yuck...hate that word} How is that even legal??
 
With a deep sigh I say, "How can you not have hanky pankys??" He stops and says,  "Oh, you know, I think they do - in the bridal department." I immediately state, "Well that's no good, they can't say 'I do' on them." He smiles, leans forward, winks and says, "Of course not, what fun would that be?"
 
I suddenly realize that he thinks I'm easy and he'd like to jump in the ring. Oh brother...
 
I step back. Smile. Say thank you. And briskly walk away.
 
So what's the lesson in this story? Oh, there isn't one.
 
But I do thank the Lord for hanky pankys and for the fact that the bridal department actually had some precious leopard and red ones that my friends and I will be donning this Valentine's day. 
 
Ladies, if you haven't already, you really should check them out. {And no - I am not a paid sponsor...} They are amazingly comfortable and adorable but, for now, the salesman, and any man for that matter, will just have to take my word for it...
 
-B.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment