Monday, February 14

To My Valentine... Where Ever You Are.

Dear Valentine,

Happy Valentine's Day 2011.  

I don't know who you are... I don't know where you are... and I don't know why the heck it's taking you so long - but what I want you to know is that, on this Valentine's day, more than any other, I choose you.

I'm sorry for the Valentine's days when "someone" seemed to suffice and I apologize for the Valentine's days when I was stubbornly passing the time with someone who could not possibly be God's best for my life. I'm sorry when I've doubted you and when I've doubted our God.

What a God we serve, huh? He has used these last few years of my life to make me fall madly in love with Him. He is truly amazing. He is worthy of our trust. He is more than able to grace us in the wait and in the journey.

I honestly and fervently hope this is the last Valentine's day that I will spend without you, but it may not be. So, let me just say, I can't wait and let me remind myself and promise you that, even when I'm angry at or frustrated with you, I won't forget how thankful I am to have you in my life and what a privilege it is to fight alongside you.

This world is tough, but there is so much good to be sought and to be done... may we do it together.

And may we never spend Valentine's day surrounded by red roses, eating a pre-set, four course meal.... I'm certain we will be more creative than that.

Until then, all my love... 

- Biblically Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment