Tuesday, February 1

Wounded.

I'm wounded.
 
There. I said it. I am.
 
I can write funny stories and I can write about lessons learned and I can see how so much my past has made me better and stronger, but, when push comes to shove... I'm scared. I'm scared to get in the ring again. I'm scared to have my heartbroken. I'm scared to let someone in.
 
I saw No Strings Attached recently and, although I wouldn't recommend it as your moral compass, I really enjoyed the movie. There were many scenes that made me laugh out loud, but there was one scene that made me cry. Natalie Portman's character's mom turns to her and says: "I don't know when you decided that you had to be strong for everyone else, but I can handle you hurt. The world can handle you hurt."
 
I felt, in that moment, as though the Lord was speaking right to me saying... I can handle you hurt. This world can handle you hurt. Be honest - be humble - be hurt.
 
This world is not for the faint of heart. It will break your heart time and time again. And, although we do serve a loving and sovereign God, that does, by grace, take what was intended for evil and turn it to good, we will get injured in the process. You and I will and have incurred wounds.
 
I was reminded that it's ok to play wounded. It's ok to sit on the bench for a little or not always play at your best. Your Heavenly Father can handle you hurt. In fact, He came for the sick... the injured... the impaired.. the wounded. He is in fact the great physician and the sooner you go to Him with your ailments, the faster He can make you whole again.
 
I'm wounded, but one day those wounds will heal and they will be sweet scars on my soul. One day what was meant to harm me - what did harm me - will be used for good in my life and in the lives of those around.
 
All because I serve a God who can handle me hurt. Praise Him.

- B.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment