Thursday, February 10

"You Came Like A Winter Snow..."

 
It snowed again today. I looked out of the window by my bed at 6:19 am and could see the bricks in the courtyard. I looked again at 6:30 and all I could see was white. Everything had been covered with snow.
 
There is a song that was on Chris Tomlin's 2010 Christmas CD. It's Winter Snow and it's sung by Audrey Assad. I have listened to it a lot lately. I love the style of the song, but I'm so intrigued by the words...
 
"You came like a winter snow - quiet and soft and slow - falling, from the sky, in the night, to the earth below."
 
It talks about all the ways God could have come -  all the ways He could have blown into our world. But instead He came like snow... quiet, soft, slow.
 
And, as I looked out my window this morning, I was reminded, that, as silent as snow fall is, it instantly changes everything. Snow shakes up our schedules, our habits, our rituals and it transforms the landscape...
 
Our Lord subtly, sovereignly, supernaturally snuck into the world and, in an instant, changed everything.
 
He was no longer on His throne nor was He in a bush, or a fiery cloud, or the temple... He was with us.
 
And I wonder if we've slowed down enough today to sense Him because I assure you, He still is... and He is the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Prince of Peace... 

He still changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment